ONE-QUARTER OF THE WAY DONE!
Six months ago today, Elder Hopkins packed his suitcases to leave behind everything dear to his heart to serve those living within the Oregon Portland Mission. I pray Elder Hopkins begins to understand that what he did pack and take with him will be of greater worth to him than those things he has left behind (except his family of course).
SUITCASE-The desire to SERVE
DARK SUIT -Respect for the PRIESTHOOD
WHITE SHIRT-CLEANLINESS, WORTHINESS
TIE-Sense of HUMOR:)
BELT-An encircling LOVE
SOCKS-HUMILITY
SHOES-The ability to WORK
UMBRELLA-The protection of FAITH in PRAYER
HANDKERCHIEFS-Common SENSE:)
SEWING KIT-An understanding of REPENTANCE
SCRIPTURES-A knowledge of the TRUTH
Always remember ELDER HOPKINS a properly prepared missionary is an effective missionary! Pack with a purpose; Both Temporally and Physically!
YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB
and as always
WE LOVE YOU!!!
~Kristy Wilson--(copied with permission) whose son is currently serving in Colorado Denver South Mission


3 comments:
well said, my luv. =)
have fun at the football game. i hope the team you're rootin' for wins!
and good luck in the ER.
my hat's off to you & tauna. i don't know how ya'll do it!
happy weekend.
I love this post... I love the things they need to pack and what they STAND FOR!!! I was going to ask you (and still am asking...) for permission to copy this and then I saw that you had! :)
yes, you can use it!
Post a Comment