It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 67~ What Is Your Moon?

Harvest%20Moon%20Arboretum_10-4-09

I love this time of year!
I love how the earth prepares itself for winter, by showing us in the most unbelievable ways, with the cool mornings that leave frost on the ground, the smell of the ground and trees as they change color for their yearly rest. But most of all, I love this time of year because it reminds me that there isn’t time for a rest. This time of year for me is a time of rejuvenation and time to look deep within one’s self to see what new and exciting things are about to take place.
Another reason I like this is the time of year, I go to work with the moon and come home with the moon. I love how the moon is another reminder to me that things change, life changes and that there is constant change whether for the good or bad. Last night driving home along SR-36 I looked at the moon.
Spectacular!
What a marvelous creation!
As I consider the season, the time of year and knowing that last night’s full moon was the Harvest Moon, I reflect upon the things I have harvested not only this year, but for many years. I feel these changes have occurred because I have been willing to harvest something within myself and make changes for the better.
As I reflect upon these harvests I see set-backs, growth and accomplishments that in one way or another have aided me in becoming who I am today. I am grateful that as I have taken the time to harvest and accept the season I am in through those harvests. From these set-backs and trials I feel ever grateful to a loving Heavenly Father and my elder brother, Jesus Christ who have provided a way for me to return home.

2 comments:

LKP said...

lovely. i too am enamored with the moon lately. when it comes out in the evening, it's like a calming spell's been cast over the ranch. i adore it!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful thoughts. We were enjoying a drive in the country last night admiring the beautiful harvest moon.