It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Monday, September 20, 2010

Light of Hope

heaven and hell

(photo: a David Adamic a friend of a friend.)

Last night before going to bed, I was on FB when I heard about the out of control fire that was started at Camp Williams and quickly spread to the Herriman City. I went to bed not realizing the magnitude of damage that was caused, has been caused and will be caused by this fire.

We have many family friends and co-workers that live in or around Herriman. My heart goes out to them. My prayers are for them and their safety.

This picture does not even begin to describe the magnitude of damage or fear that people are experiencing. The only thing I find comforting in this picture is the temple. A light of hope. A light of hope that as people see this picture they will see and understand that the only way to make it through this mess is through the Savior. He will help and comfort them in this time of need.

May we all join together and pray for all that maybe affected by this disaster.

ADDED AT 10:15am: Some of the after affects.


24406100

If any are interested in more information or pictures click here

7 comments:

LKP said...

wow! what a photo!
i may have to pass it around.
beautiful illustration of the truth of it all. (:
thanks for sharing. they're in our thoughts & prayers.

LKP said...

do you have the photographer's name so i can credit the right person?

LKP said...

that's the jordan river temple, right?

Kim said...

David Adamic took the picture, but you can go to www.ksl.com to see more pictures. The temple is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. That temple is located just west of Bangater Highway and North of 13400 South.

Makes me sad to see all of this, but grateful to the Lord for his mercies.

allison said...

I know the photographer, and that is actually the Mt. Timpanogos Temple, in American Fork. This is the view of the fire from Utah County.

allison said...

I should have said that this was the view of the fire, which is now mostly out. Thanks for your website.

Kim said...

Allison~thank you for the clarification on which temple. It didn't even dawn on me that it could be the Mt. Timpanogas, but now that I know, I totally see it. Thanks again.