I love how this man's search begins with questions "why me? Why now?" These and many other questions are questions that even we, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ask on regular basis.
As I think about the large puzzle he was putting together, I can't help but think about how the Lord aided me in putting some of my "life" puzzle together.
The year 2003. My plans: to go back school and become a nurse. Simple? To many yes. To me NO! I had a total right knee replacement (knowing this would help me physically achieve my goal) in March 2003. By July 2003 I hadn't started anything, I mean anything that had to do with school. July 23rd. I prayed. I got down on my knees (something I wasn't physically able to do, but did it anyway) and prayed my little heart out. I shared with the Lord my deepest fears and that I was scared to begin this process because I might just fail. I told the Lord I would do what he wanted me to do but he needed to send me help (I didn't even know what that looked liked) because I was too scared to even begin the journey.
The journey began. The very next day, Pioneer Day, I received a call from my friend, Tina. She asked "are you still planning on going to school to become a nurse?" I said "yes." She wanted to know what she needed to do to start the process. When I told her I didn't know she goes "let's go to the school tomorrow and find out." We went to the school got all the paper work and one of the employee's helped us fill out the FASA paper work on the computer for student loans. We still had to be accepted by USU and so getting transcripts to USU was one the most important things to do. Once I gathered all the necessary things and most importantly my transcripts I took the 1.5 drive, along with my 4 very young children, up to USU and was admitted on the spot.
Puzzle pieces were connecting, fitting together and my "life" puzzle was growing right before my eyes. Over the next several months I could see how the Lord was in every detail of my life. From the classes that were being offered each semester to the friends I met in those classes that in one way or another aided and helped me achieve my ultimate dream of becoming a nurse.
With each passing semester I could see the puzzle getting larger and larger. Then came the time to apply for Nursing School. "Would I make it in?" Was the BIG question. As I started filling out the all the paper work I realized that the Lord wouldn't have me fail at something He encouraged me or better yet inspired me to do. When I received my admission into the program, once again the Lord had a hand. The funny thing about my acceptance letter is--it went to my sisters house and she had only lived there 5 months. "How did that happen?" Oh, how the Lord works.
As I think about the large puzzle he was putting together, I can't help but think about how the Lord aided me in putting some of my "life" puzzle together.
The year 2003. My plans: to go back school and become a nurse. Simple? To many yes. To me NO! I had a total right knee replacement (knowing this would help me physically achieve my goal) in March 2003. By July 2003 I hadn't started anything, I mean anything that had to do with school. July 23rd. I prayed. I got down on my knees (something I wasn't physically able to do, but did it anyway) and prayed my little heart out. I shared with the Lord my deepest fears and that I was scared to begin this process because I might just fail. I told the Lord I would do what he wanted me to do but he needed to send me help (I didn't even know what that looked liked) because I was too scared to even begin the journey.
The journey began. The very next day, Pioneer Day, I received a call from my friend, Tina. She asked "are you still planning on going to school to become a nurse?" I said "yes." She wanted to know what she needed to do to start the process. When I told her I didn't know she goes "let's go to the school tomorrow and find out." We went to the school got all the paper work and one of the employee's helped us fill out the FASA paper work on the computer for student loans. We still had to be accepted by USU and so getting transcripts to USU was one the most important things to do. Once I gathered all the necessary things and most importantly my transcripts I took the 1.5 drive, along with my 4 very young children, up to USU and was admitted on the spot.
Puzzle pieces were connecting, fitting together and my "life" puzzle was growing right before my eyes. Over the next several months I could see how the Lord was in every detail of my life. From the classes that were being offered each semester to the friends I met in those classes that in one way or another aided and helped me achieve my ultimate dream of becoming a nurse.
With each passing semester I could see the puzzle getting larger and larger. Then came the time to apply for Nursing School. "Would I make it in?" Was the BIG question. As I started filling out the all the paper work I realized that the Lord wouldn't have me fail at something He encouraged me or better yet inspired me to do. When I received my admission into the program, once again the Lord had a hand. The funny thing about my acceptance letter is--it went to my sisters house and she had only lived there 5 months. "How did that happen?" Oh, how the Lord works.
As you can see many more pieces were being added and connected in my "life" puzzle. My relationship with my Savior grew and is still growing, along with a trust that has developed through those experiences. I am grateful I have those experiences to look back on, to remember. I know there will be times when I don't have the energy, desire or will to keep moving and adding those necessary pieces to my "life" puzzle. But when I look and see there are missing pieces, I will be able to remind myself the
Lord does help us to find all the
Missing Pieces.
What are your missing pieces in your relationship with Jesus Christ?

No comments:
Post a Comment