At the end of the day, as I look for the "tender mercies of the Lord" I often wonder where we would be in our lives if we didn't have friends. Today I had 2 "tender mercies" that have brought joy into my life. The first, I was able to spend time with one of my most precious gifts, my daughter, Hailey. Her joy, her enthusiasm of life just radiates because she was so excited to spend some of her money and do a Mommy/Daughter date. She had been waiting anxiously for the Last Airbender to come to movie theaters and the time had finally arrived. We were planning to go on Monday, but she was able to get a babysitting job so we postponed the adventure for just a little. When she came home, after her babysitting job she said "Mom, I am taking you out." How cute is that? The next morning, when she woke up, (it was 9 am) she said to me "Mom, are you excited? Only 3 more hours!" How can you not feel, the excitement our children have as they show us how excited they are? It was a wonderful time not only being with my daughter, but one of my best friends.
Second, I was able to spend time with my very best friend, my husband, Gordon. We were able to spend time together in the House of the Lord. We had some very dear friends of ours receive their own endowments. Not only were Gordon and I together, but we were able to spend time with people we have created bonds with since moving to Tooele. As I look back on this day, I see how willing the Lord is to bring to our remembrance the simple things, the "tender mercies" that mean so much to us and allow us to see how His hand has been a part of that. Through these wonderful experiences I am able to thank the Lord more fully. As I kneel in humble prayer, I am able to ask Heavenly Father, "please help me to see clearly the tender mercies that you placed in my path so that I more fully understand your Love for me."
I can not tell you the significance of these two events, (because they happen frequently enough) but I can tell you, that they both brought a smile to my lips and have allowed me to see and feel my Saviors love.
On Being a Mother
13 years ago

1 comment:
I love that Hailey wanted to take you out. So cute. Connor was dying to see that movie too.
Post a Comment