It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Saturday, July 31, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 25

GOOD THINGS DO COME!

Driving home from yet another long day at work, I contemplated the events of the day and realized that the many hours, tests, headaches, crying sessions and frustrations have brought me my greatest joys.

Although I leave work onary, tired, barely able to walk with sore knees and feet I can truly say I am grateful that I never quit, never gave up and endured everything I needed to so that I could become a nurse. Not only did do all of these things just to become a nurse, I did all of these things knowing there was something of greater worth at the end of the trial and these things also taught me some of life's greatest lessons.

Yes there are days I wonder "why did I sign up for this (meaning my choice of career)"

and then. . .

it hits me upside the head . . .

I chose this career and path in life because I love the Savior. His example is what inspires me to endure to the end, not to give up and most of all to never quit! Tonight, I am grateful for the reminder from Elder Holland, and that is, we have experiences and people that cross our path in life, but only for a short moment. These experiences and lessons that are learned from these short moments seem to last for an eternity.

Yes, Good Things Do Come.

No comments: