It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Friday, July 23, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 17

(original post 12/18/2008)

What Makes my House a Home

"What makes my house a home is when I come home it smells so good because my mom is cooking dinner and says 'I love you, Shane' and I say 'I love you too.' I love the feeling when I get home from hunting. My mom is the best mom in the world. She always says 'I love you.'

What also makes a house a home is my dogs. My dogs are so cute. My dogs are awesome because they point at the birds when we go hunting. I think my dogs are the best dogs in the world. 'I love my dogs.'

My family is so fun we do everything together. They are so sweet because we go four wheeling with each other. We go ice fishing with each other. 'I love my family they are the best.'

What makes a house a home is my dads guns and mine. I remember one time me, my brother and dad went shooting with his work buddies a Lee Kay shooting range, I shot my first clay pigeon 'I was so happy.'

I remember one day my dog, Zeke, was downstairs laying down. I walked over to him and started scratching his belly and he started kicking his foot. I thought it was funny. I remember another thing Zeke was looking straight and I stepped in front of him, put my hand up, and he high fived me. I thought it was sweet. 'I miss Zeke.'"

I ran across this paper as I was cleaning out some old papers, I have posted this once before, and felt I needed to once again share the message of a tender little heart.

Tonight, we had some of the Hopkins family, as many as possible who are living in Utah, over for dinner. Not all of us are here. Children have grown, 2 are on missions, others are off to school and most just live to far away to make it happen on a regular basis. It's sad we don't get together often, but when when we do my house becomes a home.

Family is precious.

For those of you who don't remember the original post, Shane wrote this and I had found it in the garbage. I am so grateful that Shane was able to share what was in his heart because he was asked such a simple question.
Thank you Shane for sharing what is in your heart.
"I LOVE YOU!"
Has there been a time in your life when you have been surprised by something one of your children or someone special to you has written?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karen Mello Burton said...

Sometimes I got letters from my son, when he was on his mission, that were so tender and thankful and genuine. I loved that. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so sweet I want to cry.

Hope you are having a great weekend!