It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 22

How many of you love putting together giant jigsaw puzzles? I do to some extent. I love what puzzles can do not only for the person putting it together, but for the others watching and observing the concentration that takes place while doing so. I also love what this picture represents. By now you are probably wondering, "what does it represent?" Let me explain.
It's amazing how life teaches us even through pictures such as this. I have been contemplating over the past little while, how life is like a giant jigsaw puzzle. And how there are so many different pieces that go in various places at different times in our lives. As I compare this picture to work and my life I see similarities. These similarities are for example, when a patient comes to the hospital, the patient is asking for help. The patient then sees a MD has labs drawn and IV placed. Soon the nurses get the lab results back and in some cases the patient has lab values that are out of wac. The patient then needs a piece to a puzzle. This puzzle may include KCL (potassium) for hypokalemia (low potassium levels), Mag for hypomagnesemia (low magnesium) or morphine for pain of any kind, the list could go on and on.
This morning when I woke up, I felt such a void. I felt as though there was some piece to a giant jigsaw puzzle and I couldn't for the life of me find the missing pieces. As I browsing the internet I ran across this picture. To me this pictures represents that I am the only one able to bring the missing pieces to puzzle and placing it exactly where it needs to go. Just as my patient comes to the hospital seeking help from the doctor and nurses, I need to seek, ponder, pray and ask for help from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to find those missing pieces and then I will be able to take the missing piece and place them where they belong.
I am still in awe what Heavenly Father teaches me daily. How He is so mindful of my needs especially when I'm feeling a little out of wac, somehow He is able to bring me back into balance.
What are your missing pieces?

2 comments:

Karen Mello Burton said...

My missing pieces seem to be more than the pieces that are snapped together.

My missing pieces are mostly related to my lack of will power around my house. What a struggle...

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful and thoughtful.
I have many missing pieces right now. Need to get on top of that one.