- Didn't sleep well.
- Woke up at 0500.
- Left for work 0618.
- Punched in for work 0658.
- 0700 – 1930 worked with a couple of phone calls from Gordon and an actual lunch break.
- Arrived home from work 2015.
What's missing from this list?
- Hugs
- Kisses
- Snuggling
- Laughing
- Talking
For many years, 15 to be exact, I was a stay-at-home-mom. I longed for the days of less fighting and a quiet home. Tonight is one of those nights I longed for. While talking with Gordon, on my way home from work, Gordon went down the list of where the kids were: "Kelsey's at Cheer, Hailey's at Youth Conference and Shane is at Raging Waters." As Gordon shared this with me, sadness filled my heart. The years that I had once longed for are coming to pass. With Brendon serving in Oregon, and the kids busier with their activities there is less fighting and it is quieter, but I am seeing how much I want all of my children home making noise.
As I left for work this morning, they were all sleeping. Coming home to an empty house I was sad that no one was running to give me a hug or kiss, or begging for my undivided attention. The years I longed for are coming, but not with the expectations I had at one time. These years need to be cherished more now than ever. The years of everyone wanting "mommy" are still there, just not the same way and as I have taken over a different role, that role has made me look differently at what I once had and how lucky I am to have children who fight and quarrel, yell, scream, make noise, hug, kiss, snuggle, laugh and talk with me. Although the house was quiet and still this morning I sure do miss the hugs and kisses that come with the noise.

4 comments:
And Kim my friend, it came in a heartbeat.
Seriously.
I was a SAHM for years and years until I went back to school as an old lady.
I'm sitting in my house right now and it is totally empty. Hubs is in Minnesota right now.
I'm flying out tomorrow to spend the weekend with him. Looking forward to that.
Ya, I miss those days of chaos.
Loving your posts!
the seasons...
I find myself wishing things away & begging them to slow down.
all at the same time.
Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the time I have with my little ones!
I am huge into nostalgia lately. In my mid-forties I have started to really miss my little cuddly boys.
Post a Comment