Before I built a wall I’d ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offense.
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall.
~ Robert Frost "Mending Wall"~
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offense.
Something there is that doesn’t love a wall.
~ Robert Frost "Mending Wall"~
Today, Gordon and I watched the girls as they had their own little cat fight. As we watched and observed, their lives changed. How have their live changed? Walls were built, secured and reinforced by feelings of hurt through things said that can never be erased from their minds again. Now they have to move on, knowing that these trivial things are what are tearing them apart. As we observed their interaction the biggest wall saw was pride! Once the fight was over, we counseled with them, it didn't go so well. Neither one of them wanted to share the real problem, but throughout the day, the walls started coming down. I know and trust in the power of forgiveness. I believe things will work out.
I am grateful that Heavenly Father hears the silent prayers of a mothers heart.

1 comment:
oh kim! thanks for the comment!!! oh my goodness. we have the peacegiver book, i believe my mom gave it to my husband as a gift one year. i will pick it up, dust it off, and give it a read. thank you.
your son's got a great mission theme. =)
p.s. i just realized you are from tooele, ut! we had a missionary here a year ago who we love. name's josh johnson...at least i could've sworn he's from tooele.
anyhow, thanks again for the heartfelt comment, it has not gone unheeded.
Post a Comment