For the past number of years, Gordon has returned to school, to finish his degree to become a History teacher. With this being his last semester he will be doing his student teaching. We have been planning this particular time and setting the things up necessary so that Gordon could accomplish his dream.
To make a long story short, my friend Brianna called Gordon today to tell him of an opening, at one of the local Junior High Schools, for none other than a
History Teacher!
Gordon got on-line, submitted his application and then actually went down to the district office and hand delivered his resume. As I recounted the past couple of days with Brianna, I shared with her our struggle to pay our tithing this time. I see this as blessing from the choice we made to pay our tithing. I do not know what will come from this opportunity, but the way I see it the Lord is re-opening the windows of heaven and allowed us to make a choice. Through this choice we are seeing his hand in our lives this day. Pray for us please. This would be a great opportunity for our family.
I came across these quotes by Elder Robert D. Hales and felt it was fitting to this situation.
"Pay your tithing. Unlock the windows of heaven. You will be abundantly blessed for your obedience and faithfulness to the Lord’s laws and commandments."
"If you are one who has doubted the blessings of tithing, I encourage you to accept the Lord’s invitation to “prove [Him] now herewith.” Pay your tithing. The Lord desires that all His children have the blessings of tithing. "

2 comments:
so excited for you! what a great opportunity. i agree. the windows are wide open. (:
I hope he gets it!!!!! Good luck Gordon!
Post a Comment