It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day~47 Adversity =


"In stories, as in life, adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience joy.

We all search for happiness, and we all try to find our own “happily ever after.” The truth is, God knows how to get there! And He has created a map for you; He knows the way. He is your beloved Heavenly Father, who seeks your good, your happiness. He desires with all the love of a perfect and pure Father that you reach your supernal destination. The map is available to all. It gives explicit directions of what to do and where to go to everyone who is striving to come unto Christ and “stand as [a witness] of God at all times and in all things, and in all places.” All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His plan."
~President Uchdorft~

For the last little while, I was experiencing a PITTY-PARTY! With last week being the worst. As I contemplated my feelings, plus asking Gordon for a blessing, I am doing much better. As I came across these words from President Uchdorft, I would have to agree.
Trusting in the Lord and following His plan are the only ways to really find true
HAPPINESS!

3 comments:

LKP said...

love this quote.
president uchtdorf has risen from obscurity in my mind to all-star apostledom ever since he was called to join the 12. not that he wasn't probably super before. i just didn't know him from adam before then. with each new address, i know more & more how inspired the leadership of our church are, and how truly called of God this man is.
i find so much strength in his words...the way i feel about elder holland's, and president eyring's, and elder bednar's, and of course president monson's....and all the other apostles! i know we shouldn't have a favorite as their all called of God, and i dont...but i sorta do. they're all my faves. but when there are some that when they speak my heart leaps & my spirit sings. does that make sense? i guess i just don't know the others & their styles as well. i love straight-forward & good story telling at the same time.
anyhow, beyond all that, i'm glad you received a blessing. makes all the difference in the world, in my opinion. we are so blessed to have the power of the priesthood on a 24/7 accessible basis.
love ya!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Hugs!
Faith and fear don't co-exists in Heavenly Fathers plan.

Da Bergs said...

I have been so dang busy I haven't blogged or visited my friends blogs for a while... I almost didnt recogize your blog! I love it! I love Pres. Uchdorft!!! THANKS for your wonderful posts!!!