It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 34

Time? What is time?
For the past while, I have spent much of my time pondering this one topic. I have been asking myself, "do I spend my time wisely?" More times than not, the answer is NO. Why is that? How am I wasting time? For years, I kept myself busy with kids, church and school, often times not in that order. Now that school and testing are over, for now, I feel there is something missing. Yeah, I know, I don't have school to take up 99.9% of my brain, but I feel that the things I am giving my time too, aren't necessarily things to write home about.


It wasn't until I read this by President Uchdorft


The lessons we learn from patience will cultivate our character, lift our lives, and heighten our happiness.
Time + Patience = Happiness
Although something feels like it is still missing--if I hold on, have patience and make use of the time I do have I will have the happiness that awaits.

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Very thought provoking.
Time is really all we have to prove ourselves isn't it?