Pause for a moment and check where your own heart and thoughts are.
How [do] you spend your quiet time?
Where do your thoughts go when the pressure of deadlines are gone?
Are your thoughts and heart focused on those short-lived fleeting things that matter only in the moment or on things that matter most?
~President Uchdorft
Today, my to-do-list seems a mile long
going here,
going there,
deciding
if all of it
needs to be done
today--
or if it can wait for another day.
Yet somehow,
I seem to be marking things off my list.
Many items are
short-lived fleeting things
that seem to bring instant gratification.
I need to prioritize
so that
the things that matter most
can bring me the
happiness
I
desire.
Hopefully as I mark things off my list,
I can see
the hand of Lord in my day.
Where did I see the hand of the Lord in my day?
I was taken out of the chaos and mayhem
and spent time with the Lord
in HIS house.


2 comments:
what a great way to spend your time! =) there is none better.
good thoughts today.
Beautiful thoughts today.
Post a Comment