It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Monday, August 9, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 33

Family Night with the


For the past number of years, to many to remember when it all started, my dad, has reserved a suite for our family with the SL Bee's. This year happen to be a little more exciting. As we were getting our food, one of the kids comes running into the suite and goes "Mom . . .Mom. . .President Monson's here!" Of course we all scramble to see what for ourselves and as I am standing there in awe that I am only 4 suites away from the Prophet, I go "I really should get my camera before I miss this." Still standing in awe and just basking in his presence I wait, then the perfect shot escapes. As I watch the Prophets interaction with others I realize that he too needs to have some fun and family time. He too feels that being together as family is important and I capture the only picture I can, that is of him sitting down watching the game.

As the night continues, I walk pass his suite a couple of times, I do have to void and the only women's restroom is just pass his suite, and as I am walking back to our suite a gentleman goes up to President Monson's security guard and asks "can I have a moment to talk with the Prophet?" The security officer goes "No, he is spending time with his family." So my thoughts for the evening were validated and I know longer try to capture the perfect shot of the Prophet. As my brother, Jason and I were talking he asked me "do you think he always where's a suit everywhere he goes?" Funny question, I answered him, "yes, I do. I think he will always where a suit just like the missionaries do." Plus, the thought came to me, do you think would recognize him in just regular street clothes?

I guess what I am trying to say out of all this is and by his example: take time with your family that is the most important thing you can do.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: