It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Saturday, August 14, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 37

Furthermore, I believe with all my heart that if they will accept the gospel and live it, pay their tithes and offerings, even though those be meager, the Lord will keep His ancient promise in their behalf, and they will have rice in their bowls and clothing on their backs and shelter over their heads. But it was God who made the promise that He would open the windows of heaven and pour down blessings upon those who walked honestly with Him in the payment of their tithes and offerings, and He has the capacity to keep His promise.
~President Gordon B. Hinckley
I am struggling with paying my tithing tomorrow. We got paid Friday . . .did the budget, that day . . .checked the balance today . . .a $500.00 check cleared Friday, after I had balanced the checkbook. I could've have sworn it had already cleared. Many tears. Much anguish. This trial is one that seems to keep creeping back into my life. Why? Why do I even teeter on the edge. I have felt the windows of heaven close. So why would I even consider NOT paying our tithing? I guess when you see in the end
$30.00 to your name for two weeks you get a tad bit nervous.
Yet it was okay, before I had rechecked the account, to spend the money on the new ceiling fan.
Am I willing to rob God?
Boy, do I feel the guilt. How could I let this happen?
The place I keep going is the words of the prophets.
I know what I need to do.
I know the Lord will bless us.
I know the Lord preforms miracles.
This time will be no exception.
Why do we need to keep relearning the same things?


What am I to do?


I must have the
FAITH
that God will keep
His
Promise!

2 comments:

tammy said...

I know the blessings of paying tithing are real, but I also know what a struggle it can be. My Mom asked me if we were paying our tithing when my husband was unemployed and I thought she was crazy. We had very little. How was I supposed to pay tithing? I decided to test the principle and I know we were blessed because I payed it.

LKP said...

i know this struggle. it was the same for us this week as well. =( so proud of us for doing the right thing & trusting Him. ::BIG HUGS::