It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, August 8, 2010

My World of Wonder/Day 32

Today, I had the opportunity to attend the baby blessing of my oldest nephews (from my side), daughter. What a great meeting. I always love being a part of such special occasions and this one was no different. As I observed the ward and the capacities of service, it was evident during the sacrament that there weren't many YM/YW in the ward.
Making this observation, I realized it has been over 14 years since I have seen the Melchizedek Priesthood completely take over the administration of the Sacrament. While watching these men prepare and pass the sacrament, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for their willingness to serve and joy at Gods plan.
I am grateful I can partake of the Sacrament every week because we have the Priesthood here upon the earth.

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Our ward is like that.
We have two Deacons.
It's really awesome to see them pass the Sacrament with our oldest member who is 97 years old.

Well put my friend.