It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day~48 "She's Always A Woman to Me"

I LOVE BILLY JOEL MUSIC!!

About 20 years ago, I had this song dedicated to me. As I listened, I would hear the words that described to me "A Woman" and how I would use my defense mechanisms to survive. I haven't heard this song in a

long,

long,

long time.

The last time I heard this song, I really listened. To my surprise, I heard a totally different song. As I listened to the same words that 20 years ago made smile and sing at the top of my lungs, I realized that as "A Woman" I have changed. To some degree, there are days I will resort back to survival mode with the defense mechanisms returning and becoming "A Woman" I don't desire to be at all.

As these changes have come about, I have different dreams and desires that don't include being "A Woman" of the world.

"My desire is to be a ". . . daughter of the Almighty. Limitless is [my] potential. Magnificent is [my] future, if [I] will take control of it."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley~

As I ponder "She's Always A Woman to Me" I wonder . . .

"Am I [becoming] . . . the woman I want to be? More importantly, am I the woman the Savior needs me to be?"
~Sheri Dew~

Boy! I have a lot of work ahead!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Now I'm going to have to listen to the words- I've never really paid attention to them before. You ask some excellent questions. For me the answer is that I'm totally falling down in terms of being the person I MIGHT be in His eyes.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I agree with Cynthia.
I should be more concerned with what HE thinks and how I might come to know HIM.

Karen Mello Burton said...

I love BJ!!

And being a woman rocks the party!